What is the Pulse of Real Esate Here on The Mesa in Santa Barbara?
How is the real estate market in The Mesa Neighborhood here in Santa Barbara CA?
Here is a good overall update for The Mesa Neighborhood here in the last 12 months. Current Inventory
- As of today there are a total of 18 Active Listings for Sale on The Mesa ranging from $499,000 to $3.95 million. Of these 18 listings, 3 are condos and 15 are single family homes.
- As of today there are a total of 6 Pending Sales ranging from $720,000 to $1.2 million. Of these 6 listings, all are single family homes.
- In the last 12 months there have been a total of 72 sales on The Mesa. The highest priced sale on The Mesa in the last 12 months was a beautiful 4 bed 2 bath, Mid-Century Contemporary home located on the Bluff top at 2547 Medcliff. The sales price was $3,175,000. The lowest priced sale in the last 12 months was a complete fixer single family home located at 1109 Las Olas Avenue. The sales price was $400,000.
Overall in the last 12 months, the real estate market on The Mesa has heald relatively stable with maybe a drop of around 3-5%. The Mesa continues to have the appeal here in Santa Barbara of being one of the "quintessential family neighborhoods" with very desirable schools and the average cost of a 3 bed 2 bath 1500 single family home being priced around $800,000 to $1.3 million. Right now each year The Mesa always tends to sell well. With our warm beautiful beach weather and clear skies to the islands, the allure is there. The Mesa market from February til July is seemingly always strong. Further Reading:
- The Mesa Neighborhood
- Hope Ranch CA Real Estate Home Sales Statistics - 2009
- Santa Barbara Market Statistics
- Santa Barbara Photo Tour
- Buyer's Resources for the Santa Barbara area
- Seller's Resources for the Santa Barbara area
For information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty. Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts. Subscribe to Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Real Estate Search The Santa Barbara Area MLS