Top 10 Highest Real Estate Sales in Santa Barbara CA for 2014 - Year to Date
The Santa Barbara real estate market in 2014 has continued to show its strong pace in the higher end market (for purposes here $2 million and above). Sales have been very steady and demand for our higher end homes has been as strong as any segment of the market. Prices have continued to rise for most of the year, although just in the last 6-8 weeks we seem to have flattened out. Certain homes that would of most likely sold within a few days to a few weeks earlier in the year are staying on the market for weeks to a few months. Demand simply seems to have slowed a little as of late.
Santa Barbara real estate - The top 10 sales year to date:
- 931 Las Alturas Road, Santa Barbara CA 93103. Sales Price $6,778,000. Impressive ocean, harbor and island views. Updated historic 1928 French villa set on approximately 2 level acres located at near the top of The Riviera. Large light filled high ceiling public rooms, intimate master suite with 2 master bathrooms. Attached 2 bedroom guest house. Over-sized 4 - car garage, 4+ bedroom main house with media / family room and cozy den.
Santa Barbara - The Riviera[
Sales Price $5,110,000. Enjoy the essence of indoor /outdoor living in Campanil. Stunning views on approximately 1 acre. Elegant approximately 4600 sq.ft. villa with large entertainment spaces built in 2011. Oversized living, family, dining and loggia. 4 bed, 3.5 baths, study, gourmet kitchen. Fabulous pool / spa and outdoor area & putting green. Stone floors throughout, and three car garage. European ambiance in Santa Barbara. Stone floors throughout. European ambiance in Santa Barbara.
Santa Barbara Real Estate - The Mesa Area
- 1111 Mission Ridge Road, Santa Barbara CA 93111. Sales Price $4,850,000. Breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, Channel Islands, city lights, and majestic mountains are the backdrop for this 1915 Craftsman home. The master suite (with fireplace, walk in closet, and office) opens to a private balcony with views that go on for miles. Additional features include gourmet kitchen (with top of the line appliances), butler's pantry, a unique breakfast nook, wine cellar, fitness room with sauna, library, large dining room, inviting pool and spa, tennis court, and guest house. Rolling lawns, fruit trees, gazebo, and a water feature complete the grounds.
- 1117 Las Alturas Road, Santa Barbara CA 93103. Sales Price $3,600,000. Breathtaking unobstructed ocean, island, and city views from this perfectly situated property at the crest of the American Rivera. This magnificent home was built to encompass the best features of the architecture of George Washington Smith with attention to detail throughout including groin vaults, Venetian plaster, copper gutters, custom wrought iron fixtures , and wood paneled ceilings. The gourmet kitchen includes custom cabinets with Carrera marble, walk in pantry, breakfast nook with ocean views, and top of the line appliances. The upstairs master suite includes a spacious and tasteful bathroom with dual sinks and spa like shower and tub, and a fantastic walk in closet. Downstairs includes another ocean view master suite which graciously opens to the back garden, a guest bedroom with a lovely in-suite bath, a family room with sandstone fireplace and French doors to the back garden, a large laundry room, a fully wired media room and a 300 bottle chilled wine cellar.
Santa Barbara Real Estate - The Riviera
- 1927 El Camino De La Luz, Santa Barbara CA 93109. Sales Price $3,395,000. Remarkable front-row oceanfront views from this recently remodeled single-level home. Reconstructed inside and out of the highest quality, turnkey-ready for ease and enjoyment of the oceanfront lifestyle. Look over a backyard like a nature preserve, almost 300' to the bluff top. Configured as 2-BR for current owners, but den and office/rec room addition offer flexibility. Very private and quiet. Hidden location down a driveway off a cul-de-sac street -- completely private and quiet, yet just a few minutes stroll over the footbridge to La Mesa Park and shops, services and restaurants.
Santa Barbara - The Mesa
- 1704 Paterna Road, Santa Barbara CA 93103. Sales Price $3,295,000. Sited on one of the most desirable streets on The Riviera, this stunning craftsman enjoys sweeping ocean, harbor & city views! Seamlessly blending modern amenities with charming period details, 4bed / 3.5 bath, designer-renovated to feature inviting & cheerful spaces. Near El Encanto hotel, the lush private grounds include a separate office / art studio, view terraces, lawns, patios, lavender, olive, oaks.
- 2232 Santa Barbara Street, Santa Barbara CA 93101. Sales Price $3,212,000. A magnificent & spacious 8bd /7.5ba residence located in the Mission District, in the prestigious Upper East. This estate of approximately ½ an acre steps back into a bygone era of luxury and elegance with modern amenities. “Summers Run” residence, once the De La Guerra House, has been renovated to its original grandeur. Gourmet Kitchen, 7 Fireplaces, 3rd story media room and lush landscaping.
- 1857 East Las Tunas Road, Santa Barbara CA 93103. Sales Price $3,155,000. Beautifully renovated Mediterranean gem overlooks stunning ocean / island / city views, 4 bed, 3.5 bath, soaring ceilings, arched windows, chef’s kitchen, grand fire-lit living room, hand-hew beams & hardwood floors throughout; approximately 2800 sq.ft. on quiet approximately .62 acres with entertainment patio, terraced gardens, laundry / media rm with half bath, finished 2-car garage, separate studio.
Santa Barbara Real Estate - The Riviera
- 1850 East Las Tunas Road, Santa Barbara CA 93103. Sales Price $2,727,000. Timeless renovated Mid Century poised on a acre. Single level with all major rooms facing the City, Harbor and Ocean. Magnificent natural light, flat lawn and garden areas and abundant guest parking which is rare for The Riviera. Howell And Arendt designed with a stunning Living room with the focal point of their signature fireplace and walls of glass. Mature lush landscaping and trees including specimen stone pines. Entertaining area complete with fire pit and stone seating surround facing the view. Three bedrooms all with ocean and harbor vistas, master suite has a room size walk in closet. Newly remodeled kitchen with Jenn Air and Miele appliances and adjacent breakfast room. Dining room opens to the beautiful gardens. Large Family room / Studio with views. This property is quite special and is a rare find.
- 212 Equestrian Avenue, Santa Barbara CA 93101. Sales Price $2,650,000. Award winning architect Barry Berkus Designed this home. Built in 2006 on a one block long street in the heart of the Cultural Center of Santa Barbara. The urban home is sited on a completely walled and gated site.Entry courtyard with lush foliage, fountain and fireplace. The formal entry looks south over the 2 story art gallery space. The great room has separated Living & Dining areas with view terrace, large open gourmet kitchen. The master suite has ocean views as well as a dramatic view of the Courthouse tower. Total of 3 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, library, office this stunning in town home also has a elevator to all 3 levels, enormous wall spaces to display art. Two car garage plus two car ("small") carport.
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Berkshire Hathaway.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.