The Top 10 Most Expensive Real Estate Sales in Montecito CA. in 2009.
The coastal paradise of Montecito CA. seems to always find its place in the top 10 most expensive neighborhoods in the United States. It is not hard to argue with this based on the quality of life that it offers with the small village feel, gorgeous scenery, ocean views and coastal beaches, access to Santa Barbara etc. In 2009, after a slower start to the year, there continued to be the buyer demand we have been used to for quality properties in Montecito and Santa Barbara in general. Although prices have dropped 20-35% from the peak a few years back, the top 10 MLS reported sales in Montecito still ended up being extremely impressive.
- Rockbridge Road, Montecito CA., 93108 and sold for $25,279,000. The highest sale within this luxury market was a majestic French Country estate located on 7 plus acres of stunning grounds, including 2 guest homes, the highest quality craftsmanship, lofty beamed ceilings, a gourmet kitchen, a pool, and much more.
- 2815 Cima del Mundo, Montecito CA., 93108, sold for $18,500,000. Newly constructed luxury estate located on roughly five acres, Don Nulty design, 12000+ sqft with huge ocean, harbor, mountain views, a pool, a pool cabana, a tennis court as well as a two bedroom guest house. An amazing estate property.
- 2549 Sycamore Canyon Road, Montecito CA., 93108, sold for $15,310,000. The majestic ”Val Verde” Estate located on roughly 17.4 acres. Gorgeous main residence with 2 guest homes, stunning lush grounds with reflecting pond, a seasonal creek, a pool, fountains and spectacular gardens.
- 1127 Hill Road, Montecito CA., 93108, sold for $11,000,000. Close to Butterfly Beach, this tropical style beach estate includes a newly completed main residence with good ocean & island views, a charming guest home and a pool with a pool house. Wonderful architectural elements throughout the home. Open floor plan that is great for entertaining with a gourmet kitchen as well as floor to ceiling sliding doors in the living area that bring the outdoors inside.
- 1144 East Mountain Drive, Montecito CA., 93108, sold for $9,560,000. Circa 1939 Edwards & Plunkett Monterey Colonial estate located on approximately 5.28 lush acres. A beautiful gated estate with incredible architectural elements, a spacious main home including 5 suites, a spectacular 3 bedroom guest home, a charming art studio, as well as a large 9-car garage. Spectacular grounds with ocean views, a tennis court, a pool, a spa, a brick courtyard, pergolas, rose gardens, putting greens and much more.
- 269 Las Entradas Drive, Montecito CA., 93108, sold for $9,000,000. A truly romantic residence located on a promontory knoll with over 2 acres of mature landscaping with a pool and a guest home. Wrap-around panoramic ocean, harbor and mountain views from the main residence. Newly remodeled with formal living and dining areas, a library, a spacious kitchen/family room all opening to view loggias, terraces and lush gardens.
- 1504 East Mountain Drive, Montecito CA., 93108, sold for $8,875,000. This ocean view villa was a wonderful treasure located next to the famous San Ysidro Ranch. Pool, spa, fountains, amazing ocean views, wine cellar and more.
- 1631 Posilipo Lane, Montecito CA., 93108, sold for $8,300,000. Truly On the Sand! A terrific beach location, this home sits on approximately .5 acres with 75? of sand frontage. A true ‘best buy’, this property offers a fantastic opportunity to live in Montecito on the ocean.
- 798 Park Hill Lane, Montecito CA., 93108, sold for $8,200,000. ‘Villa Nova’ is a classical Tuscan estate of timeless design and elegance nestled high in the foothills of Montecito. This private residence with approximately 1.43 acres enjoys good ocean, island and mountain views in a prestigious location. Exquisite house with a guest casita and a pool.
- 735 Fuera Lane, Montecito CA., 93108, sold for $7,600,000. Architecturally historic 1920’s French Provincial estate lovingly remodeled blending modern amenities with charm of the past. This home is set in the foothills of Montecito on roughly 1.2 magical acres.