The Top 10 Most Expensive Beachfront Real Estate Sales in Santa Barbara, Montecito and Carpinteria CA.
Year to date, here is a list of the top 5 most expensive beachfront real estate sales for 2009 here in the Santa Barbara, Montecito, Summerland and Carpinteria CA areas. Most of the beachfront sales in the last 15 months have been at prices about 30-40% from the peaks in early 2008. Of all the markets here in the Santa Barbara area, our luxury beach front real estate has most likely taken the hardest hit in values.
- 4385 Marina Drive, Santa Barbara CA., 93108. Sold for $12,800,000. Rising from a sun-drenched promontory overlooking the Pacific, "Terra Bella" is a magical romantic Italian style villa embracing 13,500 +/- sq. ft. of old world ambiance with stunning ocean and island views, numerous verandas and 2.9 acres of classical gardens. Amenities include a grand public room, 9 bedrooms, eat-in kitchen, library, media room, fitness room, office, guest apartment, 6 car garage, stables and a personal vineyard....true comfortable elegance.
- 1631 Posilipo Lane, Montecito CA., 93108. Sold for $8,300,000. Toes in the Sand. Noted as one of the best beach locations and beach areas in magical Montecito, this home sits on approx 1/2 acre, with roughly 75 feet of sand. This property offers its new owner a fantastic opportunity to not just vacation in Paradise and the American Riviera, but to live in it. These opportunities simply do not come up that often.
- 3447 / 3445 Padaro Lane, Carpinteria CA., 93013. Sold for $6,350,000. A true beach house located directly on the sand in a wonderful part of Padaro Cove. Large expansive wooden deck, wonderful view windows that bring the outdoors inside. There is a detached private 2 bedroom guest home. Newer landscape, outdoor shower, newer carpet and paint. A true Beach Home ready for new owners.
- 3284 Beach Club Road, Carpinteria CA., 93013. Sold for $6,100,000. A very private hideaway tucked away at the coveted cove on Beach Club Rd. This wonderful home offers tremendous views of the ocean & mountains. A charming beachfront 2 bedroom home plus loft is for the first time on the market. A magical cottage offers a special ambiance in which to enjoy dramatic sunrises, dining al fresco, & the comfortable luxury of seaside living only minutes from Montecito and Santa Barbara.
- 2425 East Finney Street, Summerland CA., 93067. Sold for $5,950,000. Enjoy the undeniable breathtaking ocean views from this bright & charming Cape Cod beach house! Designed by local renowned architect Andy Neumann, there are 4 bedrooms plus and office, 5.5 baths, hardwood floors, cathedral beam ceilings, a magical spacious master suite, astounding ocean views from almost every room, fresh colorful landscaping, decking, brick patios & a 3-car garage. Rarely available in this location, this beachfront home is privately located at end of Finney Street w/easy beach access.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in the Santa Barbara area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Berkshire Hathaway.
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS