The Spectacular Gated Beach Community of Sea Meadow in Montecito CA
Montecito Sea Meadow
Sea Meadow is a wonderful high-end, private and tropical feeling, guarded and gated beach community located steps from the Montecito beaches of Hammond's and Miramar. A few minutes by foot and you can additionally access all there is to offer at The 4 Season's Biltmore Hotel and Coral Casino as well as all the shops and fine dining located at The Lower Village on Coast Village Road. The people that live there consider this to be as desirable of a location as you can find.
Sea Meadow - Montecito CA
Additionally, within 4-5 minutes by car you can arrive in Santa Barbara to the north or 1-2 minutes to the south and you are in Summerland with all its antique shops and cafes. Santa Barbara’s relaxed and easygoing airport is only a 20 minutes drive to the north.
Commonly referred to by locals as “Mungerville,” Sea Meadow was developed by local resident Charlie Munger. Mr. Munger apparently had a vision to create a community in which meticulous care would be stowed upon everyone who owned a residence in the community. This vision is very apparent by the overall quality of homes in the community as well as by all the spectacular amenities that come with home ownership at Sea Meadow. The basic idea seemed to be for residents to enjoy a luxury turn-key home/facility where every aspect of the grounds and exterior is taken care of. Again the idea that its residents could work and travel abroad and then return to their home feeling and seeing that all is taken care of.
The Sea Meadow enclave sits on roughly 22 lushly manicured acres that includes 4 true oceanfront homes and 27 other homes seconds to the beach. The style and design of all homes that are found in Sea Meadows are French Normandy with top quality construction.
Prices for homes in Sea Meadow range greatly from roughly $3.5 million to $17 Million based on location and size. HOA dues vary by home, but generally fall somewhere between $1500-$3000 per month.
Some of the lavish amenities included at Sea Meadow:
- Security & gated entrance
- Super clubhouse which can be reserved for your private parties
- Tropical high end entertainment area with both pool & spa
- Tennis court
- Free firewood and salt for soft water tanks
- Private well and all water taken care of inside and out
- All grounds landscaping taken care of
- Painting of the entire exterior of home done roughly every five years
- Painting and refinishing of all thresholds done once a year
- Additional touch up painting as needed
- Maintenance of slate roofs as needed
- Window washing as well as gutter cleaning 2 times a year
- Cleaning of patios and yards is done bi-weekly
- Golf Courses in Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Luxury Real Estate Articles
- The Premier Gated Golfing Community of Birnam Wood in Montecito
- The Private Unique Hedgerow Area in Montecito CA
- Santa Barbara Oceanfront Areas
- The Secret of Santa Barbara and Montecito Oceanfront Property and Estates
- Santa Barbara Rated Amongst the Best Mid-sized Downtowns in California
View: Current Montecito Homes for Sale $3 to $5 Million View: Current Montecito Homes for Sale $5 Million and Above Free: CMA Market Value of Your Santa Barbara / Montecito Home Subscribe: Receive Personal Real Estate Listings That Meet Only Your Parameters Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services. Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.