Santa Barbara San Roque Real Estate - 2013 Year in Review
San Roque Real Estate[/caption] Once again in 2013, San Roque was one of the most active neighborhoods with regards to real estate in Santa Barbara proper. The San Roque area tends to always be a desirable place to move into or move around once already there. The attractiveness of the San Roque area is based on a lot of factors:
- Peabody is a very sought after school for many families.
- The average household tends to be "affordable" for Santa Barbara standards...around $800,000 to $1.2 million on average.
- The close proximity to both uptown and downtown. Each only 1-3 minutes by car.
- The mature older landscape and varied household architecture.
- Close proximity to the foothills and hiking, The Mission, numerous parks, as well as the beaches.
Here is a quick bullet list of what the San Roque area did this year with regards to real estate.
- There were 86 sales of both single family homes and condos in the San Roque area.
- With regards to condos, the lowest priced unit was a 1 bedroom condo that sold for $375,000 while the highest priced condo sold for $815,000.
- For single family homes, the lowest priced sale was $581,000 for a short sale fixer on Alamar. The highest priced sale for a single family homes was $2.2 million for a 1929 Edward and Plunkett home in the heart of San Roque.
- There are currently 9 homes that are pending sale ranging in price from $535,000 (for a condo) to $1,599,000.
There are also currently only 6 Active homes for sale in the San Roque area...4 condos and 2 single family homes. Further Reading:
- 2013 Real Estate Year in Review - Samarkand Area
- Santa Barbara Hope Ranch Real Estate Update 3rd Quarter 2013
- Santa Barbara Real Estate Market Update 3rd Quarter 2013
Subscribe: Receive Personal Listings for San Roque or All Santa Barbara Real Estate Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty. Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.