Santa Barbara CA Real Estate - Montecito CA Area Sales Statistics Year End 2008
Montecito CA Real Estate - Year End Sales Statistics for 2008
I have summarized below an easy to look at brief outline of the overall Santa Barbara MLS statistics for both single family homes and condos in the Montecito CA. area for the year 2008. The comparisons are drawn against the previous year's statistics (2007) for Montecito CA Real Estate.
SINGLE FAMILY HOMES:
- Single family home listings were up 21% from 336 listings to 408 listings compared to 2007
- Single family homes sold were down 18% from 191 to 156 single family homes sold
- The average sales price was up 16% from $3,690,095 to $4,316,684
- The median sales price was up 12% from $2,900,000 to $3,275,000
- Condo listings were down about 17% from 52 listings to 43 listings compared to 2007
- Condos sold were down 37% from 29 condos to 18 condos
- The average sales price was up 3% from $1,658,448 to $1,713,692
- The median sales price was up 13% from $1,300,000 to $1,480,750
View: Map of Montecito
For a complete summary of the Santa Barbara Real Estate Market in 2008, information in general on Santa Barbara Real Estate, Montecito Real Estate and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s International Realty.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
Subscribe to Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Area Properties