Santa Barbara CA Neighborhoods - The Westside
The Westside - Santa Barbara
The “Westside Story” of Santa Barbara is laid in our city’s first suburb to be initiated by Anglos rather than Hispanics; the Spanish genesis of the city was located on the Eastside. In 1850, when the United States annexed California to the Union, the Westside was open grazing range and farmland, turning marshy near the beach. Today this area is solidly overlaid with urban development extending inland to the Goleta Valley, making it the most densely populated neighborhood in Santa Barbara. The earliest historical reference to the Westside came in 1793 when Captain George Vancouver, a British explorer-scientist, who was circumnavigating the globe, anchored the Discovery off West Beach and received permission for his seacook to chop stovewood from the Mesa oak groves and refill his water tanks from a steep at the base of the Mesa bluffs near Pershing Park. The Westside is relatively flat until it reaches the backside of the Mesa hills. Downtown is easily reached via walking or biking. The Westside Real Estate values average around $ 400,000 to $ 1.3 million. If you are interested in real estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life here, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty. View: Real Estate on The Westside Receive: Personal Listings of Real Estate from The Westside or other Santa Barbara Areas Read: Articles About The Westside Neighborhood View: Map of The Westside Neighborhood Schools in The Westside Area: Harding School La Cumbre Middle School View: All Schools in the Entire Santa Barbara Area
Read About Other Santa Barbara Neighborhoods and Schools:
- Santa Barbara CA Neighborhoods - The Mesa
- Santa Barbara CA Neighborhoods - San Roque
- Santa Barbara Neighborhoods - The Upper East
- Is My Realtor a Santa Barbara Neighborhood Specialist in My Area?
- Little Known Advantages of Blogging Realtors...Santa Barbara and Montecito CA.
- Dreaming of Ocean View Homes and Estates in the Santa Barbara and Montecito Areas
- Santa Barbara Homes for Sale with a Good WalkScore
- Search the Santa Barbara MLS and More
- The 2 Major First Steps in Buying a Home in Santa Barbara CA.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts. Subscribe to Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Area Properties Search the Santa Barbara Area MLS