Santa Barbara CA Neighborhoods - Samarkand
Samarkand- Santa Barbara
Samarkand meant "the land of heart's desire" in the archaic Persian tongue. It identified the fabulous Asian city where a mythical Queen Scheherazade spent her 1001 Arabian nights. In Santa Barbara, the melodic oriental name was first applied in 1920 to a deluxe Persian style hotel, formerly a boy's school. As the dominating landmark of a hilly, elevated neighborhood, the Samarkand gave its name to an area bounded on the east by Oak Park, on the north by Hollister Avenue (now De La Vina Street), on the west by a ranch boundary fence centered on modern Las Positas Road, and on the south by the old Coast Highway and the railroad. Samarkand is a delightful area of homes full of charm. The topography of the area is gently rolling hills with most homes having mountain views and some even peaks of the ocean. Samarkand Real Estate values average around $ 725,000 to $ 2 million. If you are interested in real estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life here, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty. View: Real Estate in Samarkand Area Receive: Personal Listings of Real Estate from Samarkand or other Santa Barbara Areas Read: Articles About Samarkand Neighborhood View: Map of Samarkand Neighborhood Schools in Samarkand Area: Adams School View: All Schools in the Entire Santa Barbara Area
Read About Other Santa Barbara Neighborhoods and Schools:
- Santa Barbara CA Neighborhoods - The Mesa
- Santa Barbara CA Neighborhoods - San Roque
- Santa Barbara Neighborhoods - The Upper East
- Is My Realtor a Santa Barbara Neighborhood Specialist in My Area?
- Little Known Advantages of Blogging Realtors...Santa Barbara and Montecito CA.
- Dreaming of Ocean View Homes and Estates in the Santa Barbara and Montecito Areas
- Santa Barbara Homes for Sale with a Good WalkScore
- Search the Santa Barbara MLS and More
- The 2 Major First Steps in Buying a Home in Santa Barbara CA.
For information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty. Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts. Subscribe to Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Area Properties Search the Santa Barbara Area MLS