Santa Barbara 2014 Real Estate Review - The Riviera Neighborhood Area
The Riviera neighborhood is one of the nicer areas in Santa Barbara with some awe dropping commanding views of our city, coastline, ocean and islands. The entire hillside is "ocean-facing" with many winding colorful streets that give the area a true resemblance to some of the coastal towns you find in France and Italy. On the Riviera, in certain parts, you also find some intricate stone work, terracing and steps built by early 20th century Italian immigrants. Because of the topography, many of the homes on the Riviera have relatively steep yards...thus allowing for many of the outstanding views.
2014 The Riviera Neighborhood Year in Review
The Riviera continued to be one of our stronger markets in Santa Barbara in 2014. The majority of the sales in this area tend to fall in the $1.3 to $2.5 million price point. This year was a little different as there were several wonderful larger brand new homes built (that has burned in the fire a few years back) at the top of the Riviera that commanded prices in the $3.5 to $4.5 million range. Overall prices rose somewhere in the 10-15% range for 2014. Most homes on the Riviera that were priced well seemed to be sold within a few weeks. Here below are some statistics for 2014 as well as a current update for the Riviera real estate market.
- A total of 40 homes sold on the Riviera in 2014.
- The highest priced sale on the Riviera in 2014 was located at 931 Last Alturas Road. Sales price $6,778,000.
- There are currently 16 active homes for sale on the Riviera ranging in price from $775,000 (for a condo/town home) to $4.395 Million for a wonderful Spanish Style Hacienda located close to the El Encanto Hotel.
- The majority of the homes sold on the Riviera in 2014 tended to fall between $1.3 and $2.5 million.
Here below are the Top 5 Sales for 2014 for The Riviera Neighborhood here in Santa Barbara.
1. 931 Las Alturas Road, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $6,778,000. Impressive ocean, harbor and island views. Updated historic 1928 French villa on 2 level acres. Large light filled high ceiling public rooms, intimate master suite with 2 master bathrooms. Attached 2 bedroom guest house. Oversized 4-car garage. 4+ bedroom main house with media/family room and cozy den.
The Top of The Riviera Santa Barbara
2. 2280 Santiago Road, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $6,725,000. Quintessential Santa Barbara - romantic Andalusian circa 1939 on approx. 2.7 ocean/mountain view acres. Restored to perfection, this captivating Riviera residence offers a sumptuous master suite + 2 additional bedrooms, private guest quarters, artist’s studio & large workshop. Mature native landscaping entwined with paths leading to intimate patios & pool garden create an unforgettable coastal estate.
3. 1111 Mission Ridge Road, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $4,850,000. Breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, Channel Islands, city lights, and majestic mountains are the backdrop for this newly staged 1915 Craftsman home. The master suite (with fireplace, walk in closet, and office) opens to a private balcony with views that go on for miles. Additional features include gourmet kitchen (with top of the line appliances), butler's pantry, a unique breakfast nook, wine cellar, fitness room with sauna, library, large dining room, inviting pool and spa, tennis court, and guest house. Rolling lawns, fruit trees, gazebo, and water feature complete the grounds.
Santa Babara Luxury Living - The Riviera
4. 1131 Las Alturas Road, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $3,950,000. Rebuilt from the ground up new construction. Modern Spanish style home.
5. 1117 Las Alturas Road, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $3,600,000.
Breathtaking unobstructed ocean, island, and city views from this perfectly situated property at the crest of the American Rivera. This magnificent home was built to encompass the best features of the architecture of George Washington Smith with attention to detail throughout including groin vaults, Venetian plaster, copper gutters, custom wrought iron fixtures , and wood paneled ceilings. The gourmet kitchen includes custom cabinets with Carrera marble, walk in pantry, breakfast nook with ocean views, and top of the line appliances. The upstairs master suite includes a spacious and tasteful bathroom with dual sinks and spa like shower and tub, and a fantastic walk in closet. Downstairs includes another ocean view master suite which graciously opens to the back garden, a guest bedroom with a lovely in-suite bath, a family room with sandstone fireplace and French doors to the back garden, a large laundry room, a fully wired media room, and a 300 bottle chilled wine cellar.
Santa Barbara The Riviera
- What Are Considered the Higher End Neighborhoods in Santa Barbara?
- Homes for Sale & Articles About The Upper East Neighborhood
- Homes for Sale & Articles About The San Roque Neighborhood
- Homes for Sale & Articles About The Mesa Neighborhood
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Berkshire Hathaway.