My Home has Declined in Value…Can My Property Taxes be Lowered as Well?
With the decline in the Real Estate market here in the Santa Barbara area and thus the value of our homes in the last several years, I have been asked several times about the possibility of having property taxes reduced. For those who bought at the peak of the market or close to it, I would definitely contact the Tax Assessors office about your situation. Most likely there is a good chance you can have your property taxes reassessed.
2 Easy Steps to Take:
1) Contact your Realtor and ask them to send you a list of comparable properties that have sold around your home in the last 6-9 months. 2) Call your local Tax Assessor's office and set up an appointment to meet with them and bring your data of recent sales. Here is an article I came across that talks about this topic. Further Reading:
- Is My Realtor a Santa Barbara Neighborhood Specialist in My Area?
- Search the Santa Barbara, Goleta, Montecito CA MLS for Free
- Plan For Your Santa Barbara Remodel Now, So You Don't Go Crazy Later
- The 2 Major First Steps in Buying a Home in Santa Barbara CA.
- Little Known Advantages of Blogging Realtors...Santa Barbara and Montecito CA.
For information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty. Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts. Subscribe to Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Area Properties Search the Santa Barbara Area MLS