How Do You Choose a Realtor in Santa Barbara CA?
When most people are ready to start seriously looking at real estate, how do they go about the process of choosing an agent to work with? For most people, the agent they work with ends up simply being a recommendation from a family member, friends, colleagues or researching online. Here are some basic suggestions to help you in finding an agent that works the best for you personally.
- Family, friends and colleagues are people you trust and therefore an obvious source of referrals of quality real estate agents. They will tell you honestly what is was like working with a particular agent, e.g., how knowledgeable they were of the market, how well they know the inventory, how well they meet your needs, how well the negotiate for you, how well they communicate and listen.
Look For Similar TypesWhen looking for an agent to assist you with your real estate needs, search for one who specializes in buyers or sellers like you. Do they represent property in your price point, to your demographic, to your specific wants and needs?
Research OnlineThe Internet is truly amazing for gathering information and this speaks volumes for real estate. If you are an out of town buyer or seller, then this is sometimes your true source. Search for keyword terms such as "santa barbara real estate, santa barbara realtor, santa barbara neighborhoods (san roque, upper east, the mesa etc.)". If an agent is coming up prominently in these areas for keyword searches, then most likely they are working hard and know the market. You can also search for an agent on aggregate sites such as Trulia's "Find a Real Estate Professional" search. Once you find an agent that looks like they could be of interest to you, read up on their background and bio, what they have sold in the areas you are looking at, their overall expertise and general impression.
Get Face to FaceOnce you narrow it down reach out by simply calling or emailing the agent. Quick response is also a key factor at this point. Once you talk with the agent, ask them how they'll work for you. Simple as that.
- $729,750 Conforming Loan Limit Extended into 2010
- What do Buyers and Sellers Want Most from Their Santa Barbara Realtor?
- Is Zillow's Zestimate a Reliable Guide to your Santa Barbara Home's Value?
- Working with a Blogging Realtor - Advantages
- Are Trulia and Zillow the Best Place to Search for Santa Barbara Real Estate?
- Buyer's Resources for the Santa Barbara area
- Seller's Resources for the Santa Barbara area
For information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty. Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts. Subscribe to Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Real Estate Search The Santa Barbara Area MLS