Happy Homeowners Around the Miramar Hotel in Montecito?
The latest "New Miramar Hotel Plan" has been recently approved by the County this last week. Current owner of the property, Rick Caruso went back to the board with a reduced size after getting approval from the Montecito Planning Commission earlier this year. After hearing comments from the board and the community, Mr. Caruso essentially took the following steps...eliminated the tennis court, reduced the gross square feet of the project by 120,000, reduced the total rooms from 192 to 186 and agreed to have a maximum number of guests down from 600 to 500. Mr. Caruso's team had stated that it might of been more financially prudent to walk away from the project, but that they had fallen in love with the project, the beach, the mountains and the community. Outside of the reality of construction noise for the coming years, if the project goes through, most Montecito home owners in the immediate area seem to be very elated to finally have the current eye soar gone. For Montecito real estate overall, if the project is seen to its completion, it should only add to the appeal of the Montecito area there below the freeway and around Miramar and Fernald. Further Reading:
- Concerns Rise Again About the Proposed Development of the Miramar Hotel in Montecito CA.
- The Secret of Santa Barbara and Montecito Oceanfront Property and Estates
- Any Decisions on The Miramar Project?
- Montecito Luxury Real Estate Sales - Statistics 2009
- Santa Barbara Luxury Real Estate Sales - Statistics 2009
- Montecito Luxury Real Estate
- The Oceanfront Area - General Description and Information
- Santa Barbara Photo Tour
- Luxury Real Estate Sales 2010 - $10 Million and Up
- Montecito Beachfront Town homes at Bargain Prices
View: Current Active Montecito Real Estate $1-5 Million View: Current Active Montecito Real Estate $5 Million and above View: Map of Miramar Hotel Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts. For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in the Santa Barbara area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty. Subscribe: To Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Real Estate Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS