Contemporary and Modern Style Homes in The Santa Barbara and Montecito CA. Area
As a real estate agent in the Santa Barbara area, I have the priviledge of viewing a lot of wonderful homes across all price points. We live in a town in which there is a good amount of disposable income and wealth which leads to the fact that there are a lot of people that build and / or remodel some very magical properties. The end product is often a pleasure to see. One of the more popular style homes over the last 20 years has been the modern contemporary style home. Within this style there is in my opinion a decent amount of interpretation. Some contemporary homes are very drastic while others simply have a "clean straight line" feel. In addition to this, we see a good amount French, Spanish, Cottage style homes on the exterior that then have a more modern style interior. Here below are a few pictures and descriptions of some recent amazing contemporary homes in our area. 1) 2363 Whitney Avenue, Summerland CA. Newly constructed 3bed/2.5 bath with design elements that create an innovative contemporary retreat. Telescoping glass doors open to a 700 sqft. deck with panoramic ocean views. Visionary concepts include a fully equipped Miele kitchen, bio fuel fireplace, master suite with yoga deck, a complete home theater, Sonos system, LED lighting, Nest thermostat and a garage wired for electric car charging.
2) 1743 Glen Oaks Drive, Montecito CA. Recently built, single level, sophisticated and light filled home w/ stately gallery. Features include gourmet kitchen, family room, formal living and dining room. All bedrooms are spacious and have a private bath. Outdoor entertaining includes patios, fireplace, pool / spa, an acre of lawn & gardens and private guest house. Gated for privacy. A+ Montecito location.
3) 705 Toro Canyon Road, Santa Barbara CA. California style living-dramatic glass/steel /concrete hideaway designed by Barton Myers. 10 acre ocean view estate with 4 bed/4.5 bath, outdoor terraces, walking paths & forest gardens. Originally, “The Monastery” was built by Leonard Stokowski as a sanctuary for Hollywood friends like Greta Garbo in the Montecito foothills. Now, this is a retreat on a lofty private site for a relaxing & memorable lifestyle. 4) 1147 Hill Road, Montecito CA. Exciting, original, distinctive modern design near Butterfly Beach. Certified LEED Platinum -rated ''green''. 4 bed suites plus cabana, pool, spa, private gardens and Brazilian hardwood decks and terraces. Ocean island views. A must see property.
- Santa Barbara Market Statistics
- Santa Barbara Montecito Luxury Real Estate Articles
- Santa Barbara Oceanfront Real Estate Articles
Subscribe: Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara and Montecito Area Contemporary Style Homes Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services. Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.