Carpinteria Real Estate Market Update First Quarter 2015
Now is a very good time to be a seller in the Carpinteria area. From what we have seen so far this year, if you list your home
near the market value in the Carpinteria area, you are going to get it sold...and often fairly quickly. Year to date here are the statistics:
- 49 closed sales ranging in price from the entry level condo up to a beachfront home for $19 million
- 21 properties currently pending sale ranging again from the entry level condo up to another beachfront property with a listing price of $14.9 million
- 18 current active listings for sale...of these half of them have come on the market less than 4 weeks ago (thus could be working on offers or potentially in escrow in the last few days)
On the lower end range in Carpinteria, the market has been extremely hot. Of all the listings (24 in total to this point in the year) under the $500,000 price point, only 2 are currently active for sale. All others are pending or closed and the majority of these have/had received offers within the first 2 weeks of being on the market. There are currently only 4 homes for sale in the Carpinteria market under the $1 million price point. Of these four, 2 of them were just listed this week and so once again could already be looking at offers. On the upper end level of $2.5 million and above we have seen the following statistics:
- 12 properties in total in this price range
- Of these 12 properties, only 5 are currently active for sale
- There are currently 2 properties pending sale, one listed at $2.5 million and the other listed at $14.9 million
- There have been 5 high end closed sales...$19 million, $9.1 million, $8.35 million, $8.25 million and $7.25 million
- Where Do I Find Cheaper Housing Opportunities in Santa Barbara, Goleta and Carpinteria?
- El Escorial Condos & East Beach Town Homes - Santa Barbara
- The Exclusive Padaro Lane Beach Real Estate in Carpinteria
- Buyer's Resources for the Santa Barbara area
- Seller's Resources for the Santa Barbara area
- What Questions Do You Ask Your Santa Barbara Area Realtor?
- Where Do I Search for Santa Barbara Real Estate?
Subscribe: Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara & Carpinteria Area Real Estate Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services. Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.