Carpinteria CA. Luxury Real Estate Sales - Statistics Through Sept 15th, 2009
Here and there I am proposed various questions from clients about the luxury market here in Carpinteria CA., such as where are the most famous homes located and/or what is the most expensive home to sell this year or any year for that matter. Many times though it is as "simple" as what is the true definition of luxury real estate here in the Carpinteria area. The answer is that there is no exact definition of luxury real estate and this varies greatly depending on the circumstances, whom you talk to, location in our town etc. But in order to provide some statistics, I am going to break it down with price being the simple parameter. -- Thus for our purposes here, I am going to refer to the luxury market here in Carpinteria as any sale over the $4 million mark. During the first 8 months of 2009, there were a total of 4 closed sales of luxury single family homes here in the Carpinteria area. As of Sept 15th, 2009, there were no properties in this luxury market that were pending sale (under contract). The highest sale within this luxury market was a true beach style home located directly on the sand with a main residence and a guest home. A contemporary style home that has been extensively remodeled in the main residence, but not much done to the guest home. The property was located at 3447 Padaro Lane, Carpinteria CA., 93013 and sold in March for $6,350,000. The 3 other sales of luxury property in Carpinteria so far this year were:
- 3284 Beach Club Road, Carpinteria CA., 93013, sold for $6,100,000. A private hideaway tucked away at the coveted end of the cove on Beach Club Road. This vacation feeling home offers breathtaking views of the ocean and islands. A charming beachfront home consisting of 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and a loft. Never before been on the market. This home offers a special ambiance in which to enjoy dramatic sunrises, dining al fresco and the comfortable luxury of seaside living.
- 168 Rincon Point Road, Carpinteria CA., 93013, sold for $5,500,000. A beachfront home at The Rincon. Located just south of Santa Barbara and on the sand in the gated Rincon Beach Colony, best known for its world-class surfing. The Cape Cod style home offers surf-breaking views of the Pacific Ocean from almost every room. There are 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, plus a studio and bath over the detached garage. A perfect getaway to an ocean lover's paradise.
- 4763 Sandyland Road, Carpinteria CA., 93013, sold for $4,000,000. Classic beach style living in this beautiful, oceanfront, "on the sand" home. A gated 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath true beach home. Enjoy ocean, island and mountain views and the luxury of the beach at your "toestep". A perfect home for entertaining with a large open floorplan and gourmet kitchen.
If you would like further information and or pictures of any of these homes, please feel free to contact me. Overall, the luxury market here in Carpinteria this year has been slower in comparison to the first 8 months of the previous few years. Prices overall have also taken a pretty sizable hit in the last 12 months with much of this market dropping 25-40% from its peak. Below you can also view the luxury sales in Santa Barbara proper, Montecito as well as Hope Ranch. If you would like a more complete update on any of these properties or any part of our Luxury Market and/or any other areas within Santa Barbara, Montecito, Carpinteria, Goleta, Hope Ranch, Summerland, and/or The Santa Ynez Valley, please feel free to contact me. View: Current Carpinteria Luxury Real Estate Listings $3 Million and Above Further Reading:
- Montecito Luxury Real Estate Sales - Statistics 2009
- Hope Ranch Luxury Real Estate Sales - Statistics 2009
- Santa Barbara Luxury Real Estate Sales - Statistics 2009
- Montecito Luxury Real Estate
- The Oceanfront Area - General Description and Information
- Santa Barbara Photo Tour
For information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty. Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts. Subscribe to Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Real Estate Search The Santa Barbara Area MLS