Beachfront / Blufftop Real Estate Sales Santa Barbara CA - 1st Quarter 2010
With limited resources, there are naturally only a few beach / bluff top real estate sales here in the Montecito and Santa Barbara area every few months. After quite a fall in prices this last year as much of our beachfront real estate remained sitting on the market, sales have started to pick up. Here in the first quarter of 2010 we have had the following sales / pending sales of oceanfront property. 2010 - 1st quarter Beach Front Sales
- 1801 Fernald Point Lane, Montecito CA 93108 - This wonderful beachfront Montecito property is located in one of the most desired beachfront areas in our town...Fernald Point. A stunning 5 bedroom contemporary with Mediterranean influences. Magnificent views of the ocean, high quality custom details throughout, spacious public rooms, chef’s kitchen, inner sun-filled courtyard, tiled pool and outdoor terraces with steps to the beach, the union of sand, sea and sky complete this comfortably luxurious oceanfront estate. After being originally listed over 1.5 yrs ago at $29.9 million, it sold in January for $15.5 million.
- 1169 Hill Road, Montecito CA 93108 - A gorgeous 4 bed 4 bath Mediterranean style home built in 2005 located again in one of the most desirable beachfront areas in Montecito...Channel Drive. This home is located above Channel Drive and "off the beach" but with direct views of the water and included the sale of additional parcels. After starting at $22 million and being on the market for a few years, this property sold in February for $12.9 million.
- 1795 Fernald Point Lane, Montecito CA 93108 - Behind the double gates of Fernald Point, this .33+/- acre lot already had Coastal Development Permit & Plans for the construction of a 4 bedroom, 4.5 bath, 2,900+/-sq ft house with 1800+/- sq ft 4-car garage and partial basement, pool, & private steps to the beach. After being on the market for just under a year and originally listed at $6.35 million, this oceanfront land parcel sold in January for $4.35 million.
- 1300 Plaza Pacifica, Montecito CA 93108 - Although this unit is not directly on the ocean, the Bonneymede complex is oceanfront. This particular condo is only a few doors off the beach but feels like a beach home. A 3 bedroom 3 bath ground floor unit with no common walls surrounded by lush gardens. Impeccable all new wood floors, carpet, cabinets, lighting, top appliances, Carrera marble baths/kitchen, fully furnished, very tasteful, best quality. Garden terraces at dining room, living room and master bedroom. Laundry in unit. Recreational facilities includes club room, pool, spa, tennis court & beach side terrace. Listed at $3.32 million, this property sold in in the first month it was on the market and closed at $3 million.
2010 - 1st Quarter Beach Front Pending Sales
- 5281 Austin Road, Santa Barbara CA 93111 - Located in one of the most private and secluded beachfront areas we have in our town, this beautiful 5 year old custom home sits on a oceanfront bluff top with panoramic ocean, island, and coastline views. Approximately 2,895 sqft, 4bedroom, 3 bath home with open floor plan. Custom kitchen opens to family room. High ceilings throughout home, french doors open to large brick patio and flat usable rear yard. Quiet area overlooks empty beaches. This home was listed at $2.6 million and went into escrow within the first 2 weeks.
- 3 Rincon Point Lane, Carpinteria CA 93013 - Although not directly beachfront, most all homes in the Rincon beachfront community feel as if they are on the beach. Surf, sun & fun...Maximize carefree living in this spacious Cape Cod style townhome that is perfect for getaways or rentals. Open flowing floorplan w/a protected corridor view of ocean from family room & balcony. Oversize rooms include 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, vaulted ceilings, 2 fireplaces & loft. Private footpath in back is exclusive access to beach. This home is listed for $2.5 million and is currently under contract.
- 1607 Shoreline Drive, Santa Barbara CA 93109 - This is your true oceanfront/bluff top fixer. First time ever on the market, this lovely property has approximately 80 ft of ocean frontage and a large, open backyard. Home is pretty much a tear down or intense fixer. Fantastic location just steps to Shoreline Park and beach access. This home was listed at $2.35 million and went under contract in the first 2 weeks.
- 1311 Plaza Pacifica, Montecito CA 93108 - Again not a true oceanfront home, but in the oceanfront community of Bonnymede. This gorgeous ground floor and ocean view condo has the designer remodel with quality upgrades. Wonderful ocean views, light and bright. Located near the Four Seasons, Coral Casino, Coast Village Road dining and shopping. Many amenities include pool, spa, and tennis court and waterfront area. Originally listed at $2.1 million, this unit sat for over a year and a half and then reduced to $1.395 million and went into escrow and is currently pending sale.
- Top 10 Most Expensive Carpinteria Real Estate Sales 2009
- Montecito Luxury Real Estate Sales - Statistics 2009
- Hope Ranch Luxury Real Estate Sales - Statistics 2009
- Santa Barbara Luxury Real Estate Sales - Statistics 2009
- Montecito Luxury Real Estate
- The Oceanfront Area - General Description and Information
- Santa Barbara Photo Tour
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts. For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in the Santa Barbara area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty. Subscribe: To Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Real Estate Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS