2014 Year in Review: Top 10 Real Estate Sales in The Montecito Area (93108)
Just like Santa Barbara proper, Montecito once again in 2014 has seen a fabulous year for anyone who owns real estate in the 93108 area zip code. After the down market starting in September 2008 (Lehman Bros disaster) until about May 2012, Montecito has simply been on a steady rise with regards to values. The latter half of 2012 and the entire 2013 had very strong gains which has now continued through the entire 2014. Statistics show that prices rose somewhere on average between 12-18% in Montecito in 2014. Our higher end real estate market that you find in Montecito (consistently one of the top 10 highest priced zip codes in the country) has seen a true consistent demand for the last several years. I would estimate that around at least 1/3 to 1/2 of this market has been and will continue to be cash transactions. This includes the "lower end" at around $2-3 million as well as the bulk of the real estate market in Montecito which is generally from about $3-7 million.
Here below is a list of the overall Top 10 Highest Priced Sales in Montecito CA for 2014.
1. 1685 Fernald Point Lane, Montecito CA, Sales Price $20,000,000. A rare jewel, this significant Fernald Point residence with 244+/- linear feet of ocean front, sits on 3 flat acres and includes a 7,300± sq.ft., 5 bedroom, 6 bath home with pool, tennis court and beach cabana plus 2 bedroom guest or servants quarters. This unique estate is an oasis of rolling lawns and specimen palms all facing South to the sand and surf. Remodel or build your own dream. Comprised of two separate ocean front parcels. Potential development opportunity.
Stunning Montecito Ocean Front
2. 1775/1745 Fernald Point Lane, Montecito CA, Sales Price $19,870,000.
One of a kind Montecito beachfront estate/Fernald Point on 2 parcels. Charming 3 bedroom/4.5 bath home on one parcel, estate site with approximately 300 feet of prime beach frontage on 2nd parcel with Marc Appleton plans & elaborate foundation in place for a 13,000+/- sq.ft. residence. Totaling 3+ acres, the lush, gated grounds feature a tennis court & mature specimen trees creating the ultimate beachfront retreat.
3. 588 Freehaven, Montecito CA, Sales Price $13,750,000.
Expansive ocean & mountain views and 20+/- acres of unrivaled privacy are just the beginning of this luxurious Montecito Mediterranean estate’s offerings. 1st floor master, guest suites with private terraces, media/game room, 3000+/- bottle wine cellar, 1 bedroom guest house & pool are ideal for entertaining. Exquisite wood beamed ceilings, vine-covered patios, lawns & wildflower gardens adorn the exceptional property.
Hilltop Montecito Ocean Views
4. 1478 East Mountain Drive, Montecito CA, Sale Price $12,750,000.
Commanding ocean and island views are enjoyed from approximately 2.5 acre gated estate in a premier Montecito location. This impeccable property has lavish master suite, 2 additional bedroom suites in main house, 1 bed, pool house and 2 bed. Guest house. Highest standards throughout this blending of a classic vintage home with exquisite taste and state of the art modern details.
5. 901 Cima del Mundo Road, Montecito CA, Sale Price $12,000,000.
Authentic Mediterranean elegance meets casual California style in this sprawling 6,000+ sqft residence with detached guest suites offering exceptional design & 360 degree views. Vaulted ceilings, walls of glass doors & antique finishes create a luxurious oasis. Embrace indoor/outdoor living with formal dining room opening to a heated loggia with BBQ & fireplace, pool, wildflower gardens & rolling lawns.
6. 699 San Ysidro Road, Montecito CA, Sales Price $10,850,000.
This historical home designed by Bernard Maybeck is a truly superb volumetric composition enhanced by its setting. The great room is the heart of the home with white birch walls, oak floors, grand fireplace, and silk paneled ceilings. Set on approximately 4.6 park like acres, featuring lighted tennis court, pool, covered patio, and pergolas, spectacular rose garden and mature fruit trees.
7. 1880 East Valley Road, Montecito CA, Sales Price $10,500,000.
Located in a prime Montecito location, this distinguished Mediterranean Estate was designed by renowned architect, Reginald Johnson. As you pass through the distinguished iron gates and drive along the winding driveway, you will fall in love with the majestic Oak trees and the park like grounds. Upon its completion in 1917, the home was awarded a Medal of Honor by The American Institute of Architects.
8. 600 Cima Vista Lane, Montecito CA, Sales Price $9,725,000.
Exquisite gated Mediterranean residence reminiscent of the Italian countryside & situated on a private 11+ acre parcel with panoramic ocean, harbor & mountain views. The finest detailing throughout this 5 bedrooms, 5.5 bath main house + a 1 bedroom guest house with separate gated drive. Garages for 5 cars, designed by Marc Appleton, built by Paul Franz & landscaped by Sidney Baumgartner.
9. 610 Cima Vista Lane, Montecito CA, Sales Price $9,725,000. Spectacular Tuscan estate built in 2004 on approximately 11 gated acres with ocean & mountain views. Harrison Design/Giffin & Crane created stellar architecture with awe-inspiring details of unsurpassed quality & style. The former Santa Barbara Showcase House includes 5 bedroom suites, superb wine cellar, gym, media room, fully tiled pool, harbor view dining pavilion, exemplary 1 bed guesthouse & exceptional gardens.
10. 1140 East Mountain Drive, Montecito CA, Sales Price $8,800,000. With expansive ocean and valley views, this European-style residence is privately set above E. Mountain Dr. on nearly 6 acres. This sophisticated home boasts high ceilings and ample gallery walls. French doors open to breathtaking views and outdoor living spaces. Exquisite details create an elegant and livable home with a first floor master, sumptuous guest suites, lush landscaping and pool.
Dreamy Montecito[/caption] Further Reading:
- Santa Barbara Market Statistics
- Santa Barbara Luxury Real Estate Market
- Exclusive Padaro Lane Real Estate
- Real Estate and Homes for Sale in Montecito Union School District
- Real Estate and Homes for Sale in the Cold Spring School District
View: Current Active Montecito Real Estate $2 Million Plus
[optima_express_search_results cityId=5665 propertyType=SFR,CND bed= bath= minPrice=2000000 maxPrice= sortBy=pa header=true includeMap=true] Subscribe: Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara and/or Montecito Real Estate Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty. Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.