2014 Real Estate Year in Review - The Mesa and San Roque Neighborhoods
Two of the most popular and quintessential family neighborhoods in the Santa Barbara area are San Roque and The Mesa. For many buyers, they often find themselves deciding between the 2 as a tough decision on where to buy. Both areas offer wonderful living, have schools with very good reputations and tend to have the majority of their real estate fall in the $850K to $1.5 million price point. The Mesa though has a higher top end market as many homes sit on the water and / or have fantastic panoramic ocean views. The big draw for San Roque is that it is much greener, many of the homes have a lot more variety and character, homes tend to be a little older, climate warmer and close to hiking, the hills and downtown. The big draw for The Mesa is the proximately to the ocean, the harbor and waterfront, Elings Park, cooler weather and access to a quick bike ride, jog, skate etc., along the boulevard.
2014 The San Roque Neighborhood Year in Review
The San Roque area continued to be very strong in 2014 with some substantial gains in prices. Overall prices in this area rose around 15-18%. Most all homes that were priced at market tended to sell rather quickly. The homes that did and do sit on the market generally tend to just be a little too high priced as there is always buyer demand in this area.
- There were a total of 77 Sales in the San Roque area - Single Family Homes and Condos
- The highest priced sale in San Roque was located at 3400 Los Pinos Drive. Sales Price was $2,300,000.
- There are currently 4 Active Condos for Sale and 5 Active Single Family Homes for Sale
Here below are the Top 5 Sales in the San Roque Area for 2014
1) 3400 Los Pinos Drive, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $2,300,000. Wonderful Cottage style home sold off market.
2) 405 Canon Drive, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $2,200,000. Rich in history, famed architects Edwards & Plunkett designed this rarely found 1929 Monterey Spanish Colonial Revival Estate. Beautiful finishes & many period details, 5bedroom /4.5 bath, newly updated kitchen, spacious family room, cozy library/den, oak floors, 3 Fire Places & romantic balconies. Coveted location, the stunning grounds include separate garden studio & outdoor kitchen with Fire Place perfect for entertaining!
3) 3811 Center Avenue, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $1,700,000. One of a kind, classic Tudor with charm of yesteryear with all modern amenities. Great home for formal & informal entertaining. Large deck, intimate garden area, beautiful pool area. Close to excellent schools, shopping and parks.
4) 3310 Los Pinos Drive, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $1,650,000. This elegant 1929 Spanish Colonial Revival is one of the jewels of the neighborhood. With over 3,200 square feet, this 5bedroom/4ba home has been tastefully updated for today's living while maintaining the charm and original Spanish details throughout. Step into the grand living room with a large stone fireplace,hardwood floors and an oversized picture window that looks on to the expansive front lawn lined with pine trees. Dine in the formal dining room,the casual area adjacent to the kitchen,or outside on the lovely stone patio. The tiled stairs and original wrought iron railings ascend to the second floor.The large master has its own fireplace and balcony.Two of the light filled bedrooms have their own baths. This statuesque home is truly a distinct property.
5) 406 Lincolnwood Place, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $1,600,000.
The jewel of Lincolnwood, this two-story 4 bedroom/3 bath home has been impeccably renovated with superior finishes & details. Rich walnut flooring flows throughout open floor plan offering a formal living room with custom fireplace & gourmet kitchen open to impressive family room. Home features whole-house lighting & audio-visual systems, A/C, spa, lush yard & is located in desirable Monte Vista School area.
2014 The Mesa Neighborhood Year in Review
The Mesa continued as well to be very strong in 2014 with some substantial gains in prices and a decent amount of higher end homes on the water sold. Overall prices in this area rose around 15-20%. Most all homes that were priced at market tended to sell rather quickly as is the case almost every year. Additionally, the homes that did and do sit on the market generally tend to just be a little too high priced as there is always buyer demand in this area.
- There were a total of 103 Sales in The Mesa area - Single Family Homes and Condos
- The highest priced sale on The Mesa was located at 1409 Shoreline Drive. Sales Price was $3,800,000.
- There are currently 0 Active Condos for Sale and 5 Active Single Family Homes for Sale
Here below are the Top 5 Sales on The Mesa Area for 2014
1) 1409 Shoreline Drive, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $3,800,000. Incredible gated Spanish estate set on approx 200 feet of ocean frontage next to Shoreline Park in Santa Barbara’s favorite Mesa neighborhood. Stunning unobstructed ocean, island & Shoreline park views from every room. 4,357 sqft. home enjoys many amenities: hardwood floors, cathedral beam ceilings, 3 fireplaces, many French doors, large family room off the kitchen, 2 private offices, dining area.
2) 1927 El Camino De La Luz, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $3,395,000. Remarkable front-row oceanfront views from this recently remodeled single-level home. Reconstructed inside and out of the highest quality, turnkey-ready for ease and enjoyment of the oceanfront lifestyle. Look over a backyard like a nature preserve, almost 300' to the bluff top. Configured as 2-BR for current owners, but den and office/rec room addition offer flexibility. Very private and quiet. Hidden location down a driveway off a cul-de-sac street -- completely private and quiet, yet just a few minutes stroll over the footbridge to La Mesa Park and shops, services and restaurants.
3) 1701 La Vista del Oceano, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $3,375,000. Wonderful new construction, 4000 soft. plus, infinity pool, spanish style architecture, panoramic ocean views.
4) 1903 El Camino de La Luz, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $3,300,000. Panoramic views - large yard - 100' ocean frontage - private location.
5) 1576 La Coronilla Drive, Santa Barbara CA, Sales Price $3,050,000. Absolutely stunning vistas of the harbor, coastline, city, and mountains welcome you to this architecturally distinctive home completed in 2007. Open, flexible floor plan on two main levels, sophisticated interiors and infrastructure; a seamless integration of form, function and exquisite design elements. In addition to the artistry of the architecture, custom design, and the simply spectacular views, the large parcel includes a majestic grove of mature oak trees, offering paths and serene seating areas from which the ocean can be viewed.
- Santa Barbara Market Statistics
- Real Estate and Homes For Sale in Washington School District
- Real Estate and Homes For Sale in the Peabody School District
- El Escorial Villas Santa Barbara Beachfront Condos
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Berkshire Hathaway.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.