2010 Top 10 Oceanfront Real Estate Sales For Montecito, Santa Barbara, Hope Ranch and Carpinteria
The dream of living on the ocean. For most, this is the ultimate...especially if it is here in our wonderful home of
Santa Barbara. Fresh air, pounding waves, sand at your toes... With 2009 being a pretty tough year for oceanfront real estate sales in the Santa Barbara, Carpinteria and Montecito areas, 2010 has seen solid sales for most of the year. Prices on average have come down anywhere from 35-40% from their peak in 2007, but now seem to hit good stable price benchmarks. Almost anything above these price benchmarks are simply sitting on the market.
Here are the top 10 Oceanfront sales in our area for 2010:
- 4181 Creciente Drive, Hope Ranch CA, 93110. Sales Price $18,440,000. Spectacular oceanfront estate on nearly 8 acres with breathtaking ocean and island views, 2 parcels with rare paved golf-cart path down towards the local beach. Remodeled 4 bed 5 bath Main House with large wine cellar, media room, exercise room & paneled study. Large 3 bed 3 bath guest house, pool, cabana, lighted tennis court, putting greens, acres of manicured lawns, pond, lush landscape, gated & very private.
- 591 Sand Point Road, Carpinteria CA 93013. Sales Price $16,250,000. Stunning contemporary Cape Cod on 190' of beach frontage in private gate-guarded enclave of Sand Point Lane. Beautiful high end construction all single level. Windows everywhere with ocean and island views. Private access to beach.
- 1801 Fernald Point Lane, Montecito CA 93108. Sales Price $15,500,000. Beachfront in Montecito is the perfect location for this stunning five bedroom contemporary with Mediterranean influences. Magnificent views of the ocean, high quality custom details throughout, spacious public rooms, chef’s kitchen, inner sun-filled courtyard, tiled pool and outdoor terraces with steps to the beach, the union of sand, sea and sky complete this comfortably luxurious oceanfront estate.
- 1169 Hill Road, Montecito CA 93108. Sales Price $12,943,000. Ocean, mountain and harbor views near the Biltmore Hotel in a picturesque setting. Priced together: the House and primary lot on Hill Road, including the two lower separate legal parcels enter on Channel Drive. There are a total of three lots.
- 571 Sand Point Road, Carpinteria CA 93013. Sales Price $10,700,000. The Hamptons in Santa Barbara. Spectacular Paul Gray designed Cape Cod masterpiece on 1.42 ac in the prestigious Sand Point beach colony. 133’ of “on the sand” frontage. 2 bed plus 1 bath guest house. Never before on the market. Enormous seaside deck for dining and entertaining, plus lap pool. Lower level via elevator or stairs has additional 3055 SF of finished space. All year resort lifestyle.
- 1115 Hill Road, Montecito CA 93108. Sales Price $8,500,000. California beach cottage moments from butterfly beach with private gate to Channel Drive. The beautiful gardens adorn this 3 bedroom, 3 bath beach hide-away set on .68+/- acres. Mature landscaping and stunning ocean and island views. Montecito Union school district close to Coast Village Road shopping; Four Seasons Biltmore and Music Academy of the West. Excellent location!
- 8096 Puesta del Sol, Carpinteria CA 93013. Sales Price $5,700,000. Beachfront!! Gorgeous newer Cape Cod estate with fabulous panoramic ocean, coastline & surf line views on the sand within the gates of Rincon Point. Wood floors, open beam ceilings & French doors are enjoyed throughout this spacious home w/library, office, formal dining, & circular tower room. Outdoor fire place, spa and lovely landscaping!
- 1813 Fernald Point Lane, Montecito CA 93108. Sales Price $5,100,000. This idyllic beachfront sanctuary in Fernald Cove captures the air of relaxed sophistication that embodies the Montecito lifestyle. A separate guest Apartment, spa, wine cellar, darkroom compliment this oceanfront home.
- 2547 Medcliff Road, Santa Barbara CA 93109. Sales Price $3,175,000. Mid-Century 4 bed 2 bath Contemporary in very good condition on 1.11 acres with panoramic ocean & island views and a vast 162' of ocean frontage. Hardwood floors, open beam ceilings and fireplace. Pool & spa. Steps from a 70 acre oceanfront preserve with meandering paths & magnificent trees.
- 2417 Medcliff Road, Santa Barbara CA 93109. Sales Price $2,895,000. This is a very special oceanfront property. No traffic, no train, no freeway. Down a private drive ''easement'' in a quiet, secluded and private location with magnificent ocean & island views across a beautifully manicured back yard and sparkling pool. Spacious bungalow with beautifully remodeled kitchen and a very warm wood motif.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in the Santa Barbara area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Berkshire Hathaway.
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS